Wednesday 4 February 2009

The last couple of days I have been spending approx. 2-3hrs an evening quilting on Ben's African Village Quilt - I am so thrilled that I finally started working on this again.



As for my challenge blocks - this weekend I want to finish the appliqué bits to my last block so that I can start playing around with the setting of the blocks. In the meantime here are two more blocks for my challenge quilt:


May: we were told to make one triangle block 9"x9" and 7 - 3"x3" hourglass blocks. I have not joined the hourglass blocks to the larger block as I still want to play with the setting of the blocks


June :our challenge was to make a appliqué block - own choice - of 12"x12" -


I found this pattern in the book "Wisconsin Quilts - History in the Stitches" a fantastic book for lovers of reproduction quilts and stories - it includes 8 pattern blocks both piecing and appliqué.
Happy quilting
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment