Thursday 29 January 2009

Hurray how happy I am I have one follower - hallo Corry, dank voor je lieve woorden and Kirsten paid a visit - all the way from Australia LOL. Kirsten and I are both lovers of reproduction fabrics and antique quilts and all things related.


Since I have not done any quilting today - too many other "need to do" stuff got in the way :-)) I would like to show you some more blocks of the Challenge Quilt.


The January block which was our first assignment had to be a "12-inch star block"

The February block had to be made up of 9 - 3x3 inch "pinwheels - spinners" blocks.

I had been collecting these beautiful fabrics that I had no specific purpouse for except than to use them one day. This challenge was an ideal project. So I started by gathering some of those that I thought would look well together - not easy always as all I had of some of the fabrics was a piece of 8x8inch - I admit that I feel quite happy now that I see them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment